Thursday, February 6, 2014

The final scratch to the old antler itch before snowmagedon 2014

With only about two inches on the ground and forecast calling for 7-10 I had to get in a final walk before  being snowed in. Holy cow did I get into some HARDCORE FRESH deer sign. I swear every deer on the whole section was heading to these standing beans. I only had a couple of hours to walk and really only got about 2.7 miles done today. Still no sheds. I jumped 7 deer packing both sides and one was a whopper! Will with out a shadow of a doubt make this a weekly spot! I know for a fact there will be 14 antlers there!

Then we got hammered with a foot of snow! Going to be at least a week before I get back out. The only plus side to this is it should stress the deer and they will shed big time. Looking for some big time hauls when we get back out.

No comments:

Post a Comment