Saturday, February 22, 2014

2-22-14 adding some more miles!

Struck out this afternoon! Coached a good basketball game this morning, and just kept getting text after text of buddies out picking up antlers. I could not stand it and had to get out and add some miles to the boots. First place was a decent looking spot that had recently been walked by someone else by the evidence of fresh boot prints in the mud! I HATE finding foot prints! This spot produced no antlers, but I did find a dead head little 3 pointer. Could not get to the best side due to the water level in the ditch. Going to have to come in from the other side and take a long walk. Giant south facing slope bordered by a huge crp field.

Second stop of the day is a place that always produces sheds year after year. Never any big antlers, and never very many but always antlers, Today was no different, about half way through the walk I happened across a little fresh 3 point shed. This antler has a lot of meaning to it. The day of my grandmas funeral several years ago I broke away and went shed hunting in this spot to clear my head. Today as I was walking along I was thinking about that and remembering grandma. A blue bird (grandmas favorite bird) got up off a little tree, I watched the bird fly away, looked down and right under that tree was this shed. Love you grandma, next time could you steer me to a 100''!

No comments:

Post a Comment